Guernsey Deaf Children’s Society
This privacy statement is issued in accordance with the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017
We are a Guernsey registered charity Reg No CH138 established to support children with any level of hearing impairment, and their families. We do this primarily through organising a variety of events and activities to build their confidence and to give the children an opportunity to socialise in the company of other children in a similar situation. We also fund equipment to be used in schools or at home.
If you join our closed Facebook page, you are classed as a member - you will remain on our Facebook page until you delete yourself or if we delete you (after a long period of no interaction from yourself).
How we may collect information.
• If you apply to join our closed Facebook page.
• If you request to receive emails from us.
• If you sign up to attend activities we organise.
• If you are fundraising on our behalf.
• If you are donating to our charity.
• If you apply for funding for equipment to help a child.
What categories of personal information we collect and why.
*We may need to collect relevant information such as names, ages and address of the children so that we can organise events.
*we may collect information about you or your children’s experience of coping with a hearing loss in connection to campaigning or lobbying with the authorities.
*If you contact us by telephone, email, Facebook / messenger, or via social media we may keep a record of correspondence so we can refer to it in future and keep a record of any issues people raise.
*If you send a donation or fundraise on our behalf we will retain information for our accountancy records.
*If you request funding we may keep details of correspondence. For our accounts.
What will we do with your personal data.
*we may pass details such as names, age and address of children onto 3rd parties relevant for activities you have signed up to.
*If we are lobbying on your behalf we may share your experiences with audiology or education.
*If you send a donation we will keep a record of the funds received for accounting purposes. We will not share this information.
*If you have requested funding we may discuss this with audiology or education for advice on the correct equipment relevant to the child with your permission.
*we will only share your personal information when you have given your consent / or if we are required by law to share your data. http://iscp.gg/ChildrenLaw
• For funds raised and donations received we will keep your information for 6 years. For accounting purposes.
* we will keep your contact details until you no longer wish to be a member of the charity.
* If you have requested funding for equipment we may retain your details for accounting purposes for 6 years.
* If you raise issues we may keep a record of your experiences and correspondence until the issue has been resolved.
* Any other data will be deleted when it is no longer needed by GDCS.
*If you no longer wish to be a member of the charity you can delete yourself from our Facebook page or instruct us by email that you wish to stop receiving correspondence.
*You have the right to access your information. If you wish to make a complaint regarding data protection please email us on [email protected]
*You have the right to lodge a complaint with ODPA office of Data Protection authority https://odpa.gg/
This privacy statement was updated on April 2021.